The Fraser Valley Quilters’ Guild is a non-profit Society. The purpose of the Guild is to bring the joy of quilting to the public by way of shows, displays, and demonstrations, and to bring ideas and learning experiences to the members by way of workshops, guest speakers, and demonstrations.
Guests are always welcome with a free drop-in for the first meeting. There will be a fee of $10.00 for non-members for special guest speakers to help cover costs.
We have a wonderful event planned and can’t wait for everyone to see our guild on display
Just a few reminders:
- The date is May 28, 2022 from 1PM to 4PM at Trinity Lutheran Church
- Bring loonies, toonies, cash, credit cards and shopping bags, you’re going to want to load up on all the treasures you’ll find there
- Members boutique; drop off your boxes of items with the list by 10:30 AM on May 28 at the church.
- If anyone still requires the members boutique sheet to list your items, refer to the email sent to you
- Carpool with your family and friends if you can, parking may be limited
- Volunteers for setup, please arrive by 10AM, bring yourself a lunch
- Volunteers, please wear a name tag (lanyard style or just your name taped to your clothing)
See you all on May 28, its going to be awesome!
Our next sit and stitch is this Saturday May 14, at 10:00am to 1:00pm.
Lorraine Wilson will be our host.
Come join us for tips, tricks, who’s who, and who’s doing what in the Fraser Valley Quilters’ Guild world.
Our Connected Project quilt is on display in the lobby at the Museum of Surrey at 17710-56A Ave, Surrey, BC from May 10/22 to August 22/22, along with four preemies or Surrey peds quilts specifically chosen to go with the large quilt. The museum is open from Tuesday to Saturday 9:30am to 5:30pm and Sunday 12noon to 5pm. Admission is free.
As you may recall, the Connected Project was done early in the pandemic and involved members who each created 8 of the same simple paper pieced blocks. They then mailed off 7 of the blocks to members in their group and received back 7 other blocks in their colours from the other group members. The guild managed to gather 48 members to work together on the project and had volunteers to assemble, bind and quilt it. The quilt ended up being 96” x 96” and is spectacular! If you haven’t seen it yet (or even if you have) drop by the Museum of Surrey to have a look.
As an added incentive, there is a large textile display and activation in the Feature Gallery of the museum called Untangling Textiles from May 10/22 to July 31/22.
PLEASE NOTE THIS EVENT IS FOR THE 45TH ANNIVERSARY QUILTAGANZA EVENT ONLY
Remember this Saturday from 11:30 to 12:30pm, is the time to drop off your sapphire quilts.
Please make sure you have taken a picture before you hand it in and have emailed it to Cathy Galbraith : email@example.com
Mug Rugs will also be collected.
Our next sit and stitch will be on Saturday April 23/22
10 am to 1pm.
Come join us for chitter chatter, quilting ideas, FVQG summer party wind up, CQA show in June, plus anything else you wan to chat about.
Please note the new time!
Bring your preemies, library books, Sapphire quilts, mug rugs etc.